- J & K -Heaven On Earth: Jammu and Kashmir is the model of heaven on Earth and is very popular all over the world for its extravagant beauty.
- HIMACHAL PRADESH has 33 Sanctuaries and 2 National Parks of whichThe Great Himalayan National Park has been declared a heritage site by the UNESCO.
- Land of – The Yoga Capital of the World, land of the Braves – First PVC (Param Veer Chakra) Major Som Nath Sharma, PVC (1923–1947) , land of -The Chipko Movement , 1970’s, and many more. Yes, i am talking about UTTRAKHAND.
- State which contributes 45 % of wheat and 25 % of rice to central pool which ensures national food security, has lowest level of hunger in India, most fertile regions on earth, where famous personalities like Sabeer Bhatia (founder of Hot Mail), Dharmendra many more was born. Yes none other than PUNJAB.
- State which sets a strong example for the rest of the country in sports,contains all top boxers and wrestlers, state which adds more muscle to Indian Army, state which called as India’s mine for medals, State whichcontributed significantly to the Green Revolution in India in the 1970s that made the country self-sufficient in food production, Yes land of Jatts.. HARYANA.
- Hosts the government’s legislature, executive and judiciary arms ( Supreme Court), World’s Largest Infrastructure Project, International Museum of toilets, World’s tallest brick minaret, Asia’s largest spice market, Second Best Metro in the world. Yes , Capital of India NEW DELHI, which has recently been accorded by the UN as the world’s second largest urban city with 22.65 million occupants.
- State which gave world-famous centre of handloom woven, embroidered textiles; Zari-embroidery and brocade-work on silk sarees, centre of ‘Chikan’ embroidery, biggest gold market of Asia, famous for Taj Mahal and Amitabh Bachhan. Obviously , UTTAR PRADESH.
- State of Second most IAS churner factory, Aryabhatta; given zero to the world, gave India and world, the Kamasutra – Vatsayana, a Hindu philosopher in the Gupta era was the author of the world’s beloved love-making literature, Nalanda library attracted students from Iran, Korea, Japan, Persia, Greece, China and was set on fire by the army of Bakhtiyar Khilji under his command, place of origin of two religions- jainism and buddhism. Yes , BIHAR.
- JHARKHAND is one of the richest mineral zones in the world and boasts of 40 per cent and 29 per cent of India’s mineral and coal reserves respectively. Place where M.S. Dhoni was born.
- The Seven Sister states are the contiguous states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura in northeastern India. If you take away tea production from Northeast, India will not remain the second largest tea producer of the world.
- The Northeast is the only part of India which the Mughals could not occupy during their reign. Mawsynram in Meghalaya holds the Guinness World Record of being the wettest place on Earth.
- “city of joy”, city of palaces”, “city of processions” and the “cultural capital of India”. The Howrah Bridge seems to be the identity of the city—but did you know that it’s the one of the largest cantilever bridges in the world. Yes WESTBENGAL.
- Almost every city in RAJASTHAN is color coordinated. Jaipur is pink, Udaipur is white, Jodhpur is blue and Jhalawar is purple!
- State having highest number of vegetarian people, greenest capital city in whole India, world 3rd fastest growing city in the world, world’s largest grass -roots refinery, players in multi billion dollar diamond export business all over the world. None other than GUJRAT.
- World’s only city which such a large number of temples, hosts the world’s largest open air theatre, ODISHA.
- Now place of Kishore Kumar , Lata Mangeshkar, Chandra Shekhar Azad , Kanha National park (The famous novel Jungle book by “Rudyard Kipling” draws its inspiration from the forests of Kanha National Park),MADHYA PRADESH.
- CHHATTISGARH: Chitrkot Waterfalls is located near Jagdalpur in Bastar district. The name of its river is Indravati. Due to its large span during monsoon season it is also called as Niagra Falls of India.
- Wealthiest state, The Land of Ganesha, Reel and Real Life Merge, financial capital of India , centre of Hindi movies (Bollywood is a lot more than entertainment that involves running around the trees), World’s Largest Planned City, I truly doubt if the popular state of MAHARASHTRA requires an introduction!
- Asia’s Biggest market yard ( Agricultural Market yard, Guntur is the biggest in Asia), place where helium gas was discovered, It has city of Mughals and Nizams, Often referred to as the City of Pearls, invented world famous Biryani, 2nd biggest IMAX 3D screen in world, has the highest tele-density in India with around 97 crore telecom subscribers. Yes, i am talking about Hyderabad and other places of ANDHRA PRADESH.
- State which is famous for having capital city called Silicon Valley of India,Gersoppa (Jog Falls) , state which gives highest percentage of engineers in the world, with more than a million IT professionals making the city their home, where Mysore will be the first Indian city to have a sky wheel, that is none other than KARNATAKA.
- Birth place of South Indian cinema, where Capital of state has been voted one of the safest cities to live in India, It was earlier known as Madrasapatnam, whereTidal Park, is one of the largest IT Parks in Asia, yes I am talking about the cultural capital of India Chennai capital of TAMIL NADU.
- Capital of Ayurveda, Highest media exposure in India, One of the world’s largest rubber producer, highest literacy rate, Tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters, with the Arabian Sea at the west, lush hill stations, exotic wildlife and networked by 44 rivers, this state enjoys unique geographical features which attracts a number of people from across the globe. Coconut here, coconut there, coconut everywhere. KERALA.
We always blame society, I saw many complaints about country, where India is wrong or what Indians are doing wrong, etc. But we never realize we are only the form and part of the society. We are not separate from society, so here each and every individual is responsible and liable for the country. So, we the citizens only have to decide whether we should be the reason of development or defamation of our Motherland.
Everyone knows no country is perfect we have to make it perfect. There are some facts which really make me feel proud to be an Indian.
My Incredible India.
By One Proud Indian.