Hello again, I thought I would add a company’s coming side dish. This is a dish I have not personally tried, but the ingredients sure sound great. I would like anyone that is willing or going to try this to please add your comments……
This is compliments of 12 Tomatoes http://12tomatoes.com/dinner-recipe-baked-potato-casserole/
Baked Potato Casserole
(makes 16 servings)
- 8 medium-size potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Green onions or parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the chopped potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook them over medium-high heat for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender. Then, drain the potatoes. (You could also bake the potatoes in the oven and then cut them into chunks.)
- Put the potatoes back in the saucepan and toss with the bacon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salt, pepper, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, sour cream, and onion. Then, add this mixture to the saucepan with the potatoes and toss thoroughly.
- Grease a 2.5- to 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray, and then spoon the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, then top the dish with the remaining cheese and garnish and let it bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.